Monday, August 15, 2016

Flourishing Bandana Technique

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was fabulous. I am currently sitting overlooking the lake under a clear blue sky. Such a gorgeous day and so perfectly peaceful. I thought I'd share one of the projects we'll be making at my Flourishing Phrases bundle class a week from tonight (when I'm back to reality!)

Now, I'm not a huge fan of purple, but I have to admit, I'm really loving the combination of Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry. Those two shades were meant for each other, which makes them perfect for this congratulations card. I stamped the flourish image from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set in Rich Razzleberry ink on Sweet Sugarplum card stock. Then I used my white gel pen to add highlights to the stamped image. This is known as the bandana technique, because it looks very much like the patterns one would see printed on a bandana scarf. I matted the stamped pieces on Rich Razzleberry card stock and adhered them to a 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White card stock panel. The base is Rich Razzleberry card stock.

I stamped the sentiment, from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set, in Rich Razzleberry ink between the stamped panels. I added two little die cut pieces cut using the the Flourish Thinlits, in Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry card stock. I added a little bow formed from Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon and added a few rhinestones for some sparkle. What I love about this card is that it would be so easy to change the colour scheme to work with the wedding colours of the bride and groom, making it completely customizable. How great would this be for a rustic, outdoor late-summer or fall wedding??


On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the flourish image in Rich Razzleberry ink. I purposely omitted a sentiment so that I could use it for another celebration, besides a wedding, if needed. It is easy to quickly stamp an appropriate sentiment when the time comes.

Thanks so much for stopping by...have a magnificent Monday!


Product List
White Signo Uni-Ball Gel Pen
White Signo Uni-Ball Gel Pen
[105021]
$5.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Leena...I agree...those two colors are super together. I use them all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me wish we still had Blackberry Bliss to add to this mix. I think it would be awesome to do ombre cards in purple!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...