Monday, August 8, 2016

Mariachi Monday

Happy Monday! I hope you had a fantastic weekend. The weather here was absolutely perfect, which meant I didn't spend as much time in my studio as I had planned. It was just too nice to be inside!
Today I have a fun project I designed for a private Mexican Fiesta-themed event I am holding this Friday. The host requested it in celebration of a special person's birthday and I am SO glad she did! It meant I got to play with the Festive Birthday Suite from the Annual Catalogue. I had such fun designing the projects as well as some decor for the event. Check this out...

I made a mariachi band! Aren't they fun?? I stamped the cactus from the Birthday Fiesta stamp set in Emeraly Envy ink and then dressed them up by fussy cutting images from the Festive Birthday DSP. I added some googly eyes that I stole from my son's craft stash and gave them bushy black moustaches that I made with the small heart punch (retired). I simply punched a heart and then moved the punch a little higher on the negative and punched again. Insta-moustache! I mounted them on an easel card...


To create the easel base I began with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Crushed Curry card stock that I scored at 2-1/8" and 4-1/4". The DSP adorning the front is from the Festive Birthday pack and is cut to 5-3/8"x 2". I adhered my little mariachi band to the lower half so that they would stand up with the card was opened. Here's a better look at them...

I added a 1/2" strip of Whisper White card stock on which I stamped only the word FIESTA from the sentiment stamp using Melon Mambo, Emerald Envy and Tempting Turquoise ink. I embellished the sentiment strip with some white mini pompom trim.

On the inside panel I stamped some streamers in Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise inks, a couple of cacti in Emberal Envy and the sentiment in Basic Black. I added two more fussy-cut sombreros to anchor the easel. SO fun!!

Have a fabulous week!! Be sure to check in tomorrow for another project using this suite!



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

2 comments:

  1. Oh Leena, this is the cutest ever. Hallmark couldn't have done better! I love it. I'm sure the rest is just as cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Brenda! I had great fun with this card! Wish they all came that easy :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...