Monday, October 10, 2016

A Thanksgiving Anniversary

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! What a fabulous weekend it has been. Celebrating my wedding anniversary with a delicious dinner last night and then watching the Toronto Blue Jays sweep their way into the ALCS, and then today a trip with the family to our local fall fair...couldn't ask for more. We are so very blessed!

Today I thought I would share with you the card I made for my DH for our anniversary...

I went with a decidedly fall theme to complement the colours surrounding us right now. We both love this time of year, which is why we chose to get married in October. I used some Fancy Frost Specialty DSP and layered the following shades of ink: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso. I love the result...and that paper is just perfect for playing with ink blends! I also added some spatters with my gold Wink of Stella...it adds just the right amount of subtle shimmer. To make the colours really pop, I mounted it on an Early Espresso card stock base.

Because I was so in love with the background, I didn't want to cover it up too much, so I went with a die-cut heart from the Sunshine Wishes thinlits, cut from Early Espresso card stock. The word "love" is also from the same thinlits set, die-cut from gold glimmer paper. I added some gold metallic thread behind the heart for some added shimmer. The sentiment, from the coordinating Sunshine Sayings stamp set, is stamped in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock.

I kept the inside simple so I could write a heartfelt message to my sweetie. The sentiment is from the Timeless Love stamp set and is also stamped in Early Espresso ink.

Have a marvelous Monday!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...