Sunday, November 6, 2016

Give Thanks for Sunday Stamps

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend! Mine has been super-exciting as I got my first peek of the upcoming Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-bration brochure. Both are absolutely AWESOME! Stay tuned for sneak peek projects in the coming weeks...so many amazing new products to showcase!

Now, today marks the start of a new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Check out this fall-inspired pallette:



Now, you know how much I love fall, so this challenge was right up my alley. Here is my project for the design team...


I used the Frosted Medallions stamp set from the Holiday catalogue, along with a sentiment from Suite Seasons, with the Joseph's Coat/Emerging Colours technique. This is, by far, one of my favourite techniques because it is different every time I use it. Here I began with a piece of Whisper White card stock and sponged Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Rich Razzleberry inks in patches all over it. Then I heat embossed the medallion image with clear embossing powder, after which I sponged the entire panel with a generous layer of Early Espresso ink. The embossed images resist the final layer of ink and just pop off the page with the vibrant colours.


The sentiment is heat embossed in copper on Very Vanilla card stock, die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits and then layered on a scalloped oval cut from copper foil sheets. I added some ribbon from the 3/8" Trio pack in Rich Razzleberry and Delighful Dijon, as well as some Mini Pinecone embellishments and a bit of linen thread. I also added a die-cut copper foil element, which was done with the Paisley framelits. The entire card is built on a base of Rich Razzleberry card stock.


On the inside I added a Very Vanilla panel on which I stamped the medallion image in Early Espresso ink.


I so love the way this one turned out...those Frosted Medallions are for far more than Christmas and/or New Year's cards!

Give this fabulous fall colour challenge a try and share with us over at Sunday Stamps. We'd love to see your creation!

Have a super Sunday!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

6 comments:

  1. Leena, this is just stunning! I love how rich these colors look in the challenge photo but you really brought them to life on your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa. I absolutely love fall colours and blending ink :)

      Delete
  2. Leena, this is amazing! I love the background you created! Such gorgeous colors with the embossed medallions! You rocked this challenge! Have a great week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty, luv your background!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super cool card, Leena! I love the background you created with sponging. So pretty and perfect for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just stunning, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...