Thursday, December 29, 2016

Shake up the new year

Well, just a few days remain in 2016...can you believe it? In honour of the new year, I have a shaker card for you today...


This is such a quick and easy one to put together, I actually offered it at an recent card buffet! I used a 4" x 6" cello bag to contain my shaker, inserting a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Pop of Pink Specialty DSP for the background and then adding sequins from the Metallic Assortment. I also added some punched confetti I made using gold glimmer paper and the Sprinkles punch. I sealed the cello bag with some Washi tape at the back and voila...instant shaker! Before adhering the shaker to my Basic Black card front, I added a strip of Pop of Pink Washi tape to the front.

The die-cut sentiment is cut from the gold foil sheets using the Hello You Thinlits. The stamped sentiment is from the It's a Celebration stamp set, which is only available for another week in the Holiday Catalogue.

On the iside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the sentiment from the Frosted Medallions stamp set (also retiring!) in Basic Black ink, as well as some fireworks from the It's a Celebration set in Encore gold metallic ink (retired).

I love how quick and easy this card is...and if you're not into sending New Year's cards, it would be a snap to change out the sentiment for a birthday. So fun!


Product List
Cellophane 4" X 6" Bags
Cellophane 4" X 6" Bags
[102757]
$5.75
Metallic Gold Encore Pad
Metallic Gold Encore Pad
[132141]
$12.95
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

4 comments:

  1. Happy and celebratory! Cute card. TFS. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun Happy New Year card! Love the gold and shimmery details! Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mona...all the best for 2017 to you as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...