Wednesday, May 3, 2017

An Eastern Opulence Christmas

I am sooo excited! The new catalogue pre-order has begun for demonstrators and mine has already shipped! It should be here early next week, so prepare for LOTS of sneak peeks and project ideas in the next few weeks.
Are you dying to get your hands on the new catalogue products as much as I am? Did you know that new demonstrators who join during the month of May can choose pre-order items for their starter kit? How awesome would it be to not only get $165 worth of product for just $135 (tax and shipping free) but also to get a 20% discount on EVERYTHING you want from the new catty?? Pretty awesome, huh? Click HERE to learn more.

Ok, so I mentioned earlier this week that I had some ideas for Christmas cards using the new Eastern Beauty stamp set, which is part of the current Eastern Palace Bundle promotion. I couldn't get it out of my head so I just had to sit down and bring my idea to life. Check it out...

Doesn't that image make a beautiful snowflake? And the die cuts it so that the inner parts pop up, giving it dimension.  To start I stamped the snowflake outline image using Pool Party ink and then die-cut it using the Eastern Medallions Thinlits. Then I stamped the flourish detail, taking care to stay within the die-cut lines. I also added a touch of Wink of Stella, though it doesn't show up in the photos. Sooo pretty and sparkly!

The speckled background behind the die-cut is heat embossed in silver. To ensure I placed the image correctly I die-cut another snowflake to use as a mask while stamping the speckles...it worked like a charm.  I stamped a couple more snowflakes on the background panel and matted it with silver foil card stock. The sentiment is from the Christmas Pines stamp set and is also heat embossed in silver. I used the Softly Falling TIEF to emboss the Smoky Slate background panel.

On the inside I added a piece of Whisper White card stock on which I stamped more snowflakes in Pool Party ink and another sentiment from the Christmas Pines set in Smoky Slate. It sure feels good to have this idea out of my head and on paper...except now I have several more that came from playing with these fabulous products. So many ideas, so little time!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! How creative to think of snowflakes for those die cuts, esp this time of year! Works perfectly! Like your masking and embossing too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Susan! Snowflakes were the first thing I thought of when I saw those stamps and dies!

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful Christmas card Leena! Love the fancy snowflakes and pretty color palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mona...this suite is so versatile!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...