Thursday, June 15, 2017

Coffee Happiness Shaker



Happy Wednesday and welcome to another Tri-City Stampers blog hop! This month we are sharing projects made with new products from the just-released 2017/18 Annual Catalogue. I have a fun shaker card to share that features the Coffee Cafe Suite...


What better filling for a coffee-themed shaker card than coffee beans?? I made the shaker window extra-big so that the beans had lots of room to jump around. And know what the best part is? This card SMELLS DIVINE!  Nothing like the aroma of fresh-roasted coffee to make you smile! I used some of the Coffee Break DSP for my card front which I die-cut using the Lots of Labels framelits. I used window sheets on both the inside and the outside of my shaker so that the inside of the card was visible through the window.

The sentiment is from the Coffee Cafe stamp set and is stamped in Garden Green ink. I once again used the Lots of Labels framelits to die-cut the sentiment out. The coffee cup is die-cut using the Coffee Cups framelits from the Coffee Break DSP. Did you know there is a die in that set that perfectly matches images on the DSP?? So awesome! Now, the coffee pot is fussy-cut...no die for that one...but a little fussy cutting never hurt anyone, right?

Inside the card I made an iced coffee using the Coffee Cups framelits. I die-cut the cup from more of the Coffee Cafe DSP and sponged the edges to give it dimension. The whipped cream is stamped in Crumb Cake ink and and the straw is stamped in Garden Green. Both are also die-cut using the same framelits set. To make the domed lid, I die-cut it from a scrap of window sheets. To adhere it, I applied some Tombow to the whipped cream and wiped most of the glue off, leaving a tacky layer. The window sheet adhered to the tacky layer of Tombow and the glue is unnoticeable.

To create the sentiment on the cup I stamped it and die-cut it with the sleeve die from the Coffee Cups framelits. I then trimmed just a smidge off the top and bottom of the die-cut sleeve and layered it on a second die-cut sleeve in Garden Green card stock.

I am so happy with the way this card turned out and can't wait to share it with my guests who attend my class this Friday! So much fun!

Now be sure to hop on over to Steph and Sandy's blogs to check out what they have created.


Have a wonderful Wednesday!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

4 comments:

  1. Leena - GREAT Card! Those Labels framelits are my favorites. Love that you used real coffee beans in your shaker. I'll have to try this one! TFS... Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb...just be sure to pick out the smallest coffee beans...the large ones get stuck inside the window ;)

      Delete
  2. Cool "beans"... HA HA!!! :)
    But seriously, your card is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thanks! The best part is that it smells soooo yummy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...