Sunday, June 4, 2017

Daisy Congrats for SS

Happy Sunday! I hope you are having a fantastic weekend! Today marks the start of a new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps...



Here is my take on it using several products from the new Annual Catalogue:


Don't you just love Gerbera Daisies?? I have been wanting to create one since I first laid my hands on the new Daisy Punch, so when I saw the circular element on this week's sketch I knew exactly what I was going to do.
I began with a piece of Lemon Lime Twist card stock that I embossed using the Petal Burst TIEF. I added a strip of Fresh Florals DSP along the bottom edge, rounding the top corners of both the card stock and the DSP. To create my daisy I stamped three daisies from the Daisy Delight stamp set on Melon Mambo card stock using ink of the same shade and then punched them out using the Daisy punch. I curled the petals slightly with my bone folder before layering the punched daisies, off-setting each layer from the previous one. For the centre I stamped one of the circular images from the stamp set in Lemon Lime Twist on card stock of the same colour and punched it out using the 1/2" circle punch. I adhered the daisy to the cardfront using dimensionals so as to allow those petals to curl under.

The sentiment on the front of the card is from the Colourful Seasons stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black ink and punched with the Classic Label punch. The only embellishments are some Basic Black solid baker's twine and a few of the new Glitter Enamel Dots.

On the inside of the card I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped another sentiment from the Colourful Seasons stamp set as well as another Melon Mambo daisy.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and then give this sketch a try. It's a super-versatile one! We can't wait to see what you come up with. Have a super Sunday!!


Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00
Daisy Punch
[143713]
$23.50
Punch Corner Project Life
Punch Corner Project Life
[135346]
$10.75

3 comments:

  1. Leena, I love this color combo! The daisy is so pretty and the embossing is just perfect to showcase your gorgeous bloom! Have a wonderful week, My Friend! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Claire...I just can't get enough of Lemon Lime Twist...it is the colour I have been waiting for my entire life! It goes with EVERYTHING! Love it!

      Delete
  2. This is so bright and cheerful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...