Sunday, July 30, 2017

Square Wishes for Sunday Stamps

Happy Sunday! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I am having a blast hanging with my Bestie this weekend...it is soooo good to spend quality time with a dear friend!

Today marks the start of a new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps...and we're going square!


Now, I have to admit, I can't remember the last time I made a square card...but here is my project:

I just can't seem to stop playing with the new Carols of Christmas bundle! It will be available to order this week on Tuesday...so exciting! Here I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink on a piece of Wood Textures DSP and then die-cut it with the Layering Squares framelits. I layered it on a slightly larger Early Espresso card stock square and a scalloped copper foil square. The Very Vanilla background panel is embossed using the Woodland TIEF.

For the horizontal element in the sketch I used some burlap ribbon and layered some 1/4" copper trim on top. The little banner elements became pine boughs and I added a little copper trim bow. I also couldn't resist adding a little, long-retired, wooden snowflake which I brushed generously with Wink of Stella.

On the inside I added a Very Vanilla panel, some die-cut Garden Green trees and an Early Espresso deer, both of which were cut using the Card Front Builder Thinlits. I skipped a sentiment on the inside because the smaller 4-1/4" square size didn't really leave much for one.


You are definitely going to want to order this fabulous bundle during the month of August...and don't forget to redeem your Bonus Days coupons! In the meantime, be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's awesome projects and then have a go yourself. We'd love to see what you create!



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

3 comments:

  1. Great card, love your take on the sketch and how you finished out the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leena, Love how you incorporated all the wood look and the copper ribbon. Gives the card such a warm feeling. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leena, I love the woodsy feel of this gorgeous Christmas card! This is a great stamp set and I love all your embellishments! You rocked my sketch this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...