Thursday, August 3, 2017

Fall Colour

Happy Thursday! One more day till the weekend! Is it just me or are these summer weeks just FLYING by?? I need time to slow down a little...I have too much to do before school starts!

Today I have one of the projects we'll be making at my Colourful Seasons Bundle class next week. I got to pull out my favourite fall colours for this one...

If you've followed my blog for awhile, you likely know that I LOVE fall. The rich warm earthy tones just make me happy. I did my best to capture that on this card.

To create the watercoloured background I began with a piece of watercolour paper and, using my aqua painter, added Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler ink. I dried the panel with my heat tool (I'm waaaay to impatient to wait for it to dry on its own!) and then distressed the edges using the blade of my paper snips. I swiped my Versamark pad along the distressed edges and then sprinkled with copper embossing powder. I also stamped the spatter image from the Timeless Textures stamp set several times using Versamark ink and once again sprinkled with copper embossing powder. I heated the powder to set it. Then I took my aqua painter and very carefully dropped large drops of water on the watercoloured background. I let it sit for a few minutes and then used a paper towel to carefully blot it. I wrapped some Linen Thread around the panel before adhering it to a piece of Wood Textures DSP.

To create the leaves I brushed more ink on a scrap of watercolour paper using my aqua painter. Once it was dry I stamped the detailed leaf image from the Colourful Seasons stamp set in Versamark ink and heat embossed in copper. I used the Seasonal Layers Thinlits to die-cut both the stamped leaves and the copper foil one. The sentiment, also from the Colourful Seasons stamp set, is heat embossed in copper on a scrap of Wood Textures DSP. The only embellishments on this card are some copper sequins from the Metallic Sequin Assortment.

On the inside, I added a Very Vanilla card stock panel on which I stamped a sentiment from the Beautiful You stamp set in Early Espresso ink, as well as some detailed leaves from the Colourful Seasons set.

As much as I don't want to see summer end, I sure am looking forward to the lush beauty of Autumn!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$40.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous! I love fall leaves! The background and copper foil is lovely! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just lovely! I love fall too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I can't get enough of these colours!

      Delete
  4. Great card! I love fall colors too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan...what's not to love about fall colour, right?

      Delete
  5. Your card is just awesome. Love your color choices with the copper. Of course fall is my favorite also and this card is true fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks so much Melody. You are very sweet. I had fun playing with this card.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card. Love that copper embossing and the copper leaves! I'd like Fall more if I didn't know cold man winter was coming next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you there Susan! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could just skip from a White Christmas to spring blossoms??

      Delete
  7. this has to be theeee nicest fall card I've seen. I keep going back to your blog to look at this card. Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, you are the sweetest! Thanks so much. I'm glad you find my card inspiring...that makes my heart happy :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...