Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and that 2018 is off to a great start. Around here we've been in clean and declutter mode and it sure feels good! It's amazing how freeing it is to say good-bye to all that "stuff" that clogs up our lives.
I've also had more time to play with new products! The shiny new Occasions Catalogue goes live tomorrow and it is FULL of fabulous new items. Check out this project I made using the Petal Passion Suite:

Aren't those roses beautiful? I love the hand-drawn look of them...it makes them perfect for colouring! Here I used my watercolour pencils and a blender pen to add colour to the images. Now, because I was colouring on Crumb Cake card stock, I first coloured the entire image with the white pencil to lay down a lighter background on which to apply the colour. I then used the Bermuda Bay and Old Olive pencils to add colour to the flowers and leaves, blending with my blender pen as I went.
I used the Petals and More Thinlits to die-cut the roses and the gold accent pieces in the background. I think that lattice piece will be one of my go-to dies this spring! The circles are die-cut using the Stitched Shapes and Layering Circles framelits.

On the inside of the Thick Very Vanilla card base I stamped more roses and a sentiment from the Petal Palette stamp set in Basic Black ink, opting to leave the images uncoloured on the inside, as I knew it would be difficult to achieve the same soft colour on the vanilla card stock that I did on the Crumb Cake and I didn't want to alter to soft, vintage vibe of the design.

Don't forget that along with all of these fabulous new Occasions Catalogue products, comes Sale-a-bration...a chance to earn FREE products with every $60 you spend. Be sure to check back here tomorrow for all of the exciting details! Till then, happy stamping!



Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$16.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...