Monday, April 2, 2018

Tulips for Mom

Happy belated Easter! I hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with the love of family and friends. We had a fabulous time celebrating the resurrection with our family.
Today I thought I would share a project I designed for my all-occasions card buffet last week featuring the Tranquil Tulips host set...

I absolutely LOVE this stamp set! I only wish I had discovered it sooner. It is such fun to create beautiful tulips in a rainbow of colours. Here I used Berry Burst and Sweet Sugarplum for the blooms and Emerald Envy for the stems and leaves. Here's a closer look...

I stamped off the background layer for each bloom so that the more detailed foreground image would stand out more. I used Basic Black to add the centres to each flower. The sentiment is from a long-retired host set called Something to Celebrate...I just love the scripty font. I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black on a label cut with the Petals and More framelits and then layered it on a filigree label die-cut with the same set. The paint-chip DSP along the side is from the Colour Theory DSP pack.


On the inside I added a Whisper White card stock layer on which I stamped another Berry Burst tulip and a sentiment from the Special Celebrations set.

The nice thing about this card is that a simple change in the sentiment on the front would make a lovely birthday or get well card...gotta love versatility!

Have a super week...thanks for stopping by!



Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...